It is never too late to be what you might have been.– George Eliot
I had long haul at Kaula Lumpur & was deeply thinking of interesting encounter.As i was in deep thought , I came across very energetic old man with deep smiling face.What makes you smile during early morning ?, I asked. My own creation,he replied.
We went around introducing ourselves & i ended up asking What would you advise me to do so that i can be as happy or more happier then you.I am learning being & would love to hear from you.
We talked a lot about leadership as he was from corporate world , we talked a lot about business world & a lot about life.I am going mention top 5 things that i learnt from him about life.
1) Its all about people,Its all about relationship – In a world of hyper competition & massive distraction , people spend most of their time belittling or ignoring their colleagues , their friends & their family until they realize that they have no one around to share success or happiness.Great human being has terrific listening skills,they are humble , they make other people feel big.
2) Compete with your own self – We are taught by our family , our society to get into comparison business.Someone rightly mentioned that Comparison is a disease that takes away your smile.World will be lot happier if we compete with our own self & become better each day.In the end, we will die as best version of our self.What an awesome thought?
3) Treat your body as your temple – If you lose your health , you have nothing.We eat & drink garbage and expect our body to be fit.Quality of fuel (food ,drink) to our body will determine our quality of our health.Imagine you have all the success ,great title , big car, big house ,but if you are sitting in a hospital , or you have ulcers ,or very sick, then you really have nothing.
4) Patience & Endurance – Focus on your passion , your craft and things will be taken care of. In case of setbacks , Ask “What is the opportunity?”, “What is the lesson?.If nothing helps , simply laugh aloud , laughter will revolutionize our perspective.
5) Dream beyond your self – Make a difference in people’s life , Make a difference to your society , to your world. Start small (make someone happy , educate needy child ,help someone cross road etc) & you will be happier.
It was one of my best learning of 2013 & one of my best stay at Airport.Next 4 hours ,I was thinking about many aspect of our conversation.
THANK you God for such an interesting encounter,interaction…
Share Smile generously ,Be happy & remember an interesting quote from Willian Ross -Every man dies – Not every man really lives.