Recently , I attended a webinar on building world class Will power by Robin Sharma.Lot of great insight, techniques & scientific reasoning to create a world class,legendry will power.
Following below are my learning,takeaway & insight from Webinar. Before i got into webinar,following were my expectations as to why I want to build a legendary will power muscle.Following were some of expectations which were ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY delivered by Robin Sharma.
- Effective Management of your distractions – We live in the world of dramatic distraction- Facebook , twitter,email,phone,TV etc.Everyone is trying seek your attention in every possible manner.How do I manage those seductions get highest level of FOCUS to do my dreams , do my Goals.
- How Can i be a student of Life throughout & continue to read & re-read the books to get better day by day and live everyday as best version of myself.
- Get deep into my Rituals ,into my deliberate Practice – Yoga ,meditation,Running & Quality of thinking.
- How do I build a circle of genius that helps me move towards my goal?
Before I get to my takeaway , following were some of the wonderful Quotes by Robin Sharma.
- Education is inoculation against disruption
- Your “I CAN” is more important than your “IQ”
- The smallest of actions is always better than the noblest of intentions.
So much of value in above quotes.I love every single word of above 3 quotes.
Below are my take away & I 100 % subscribe to below learnings..
- Genius is less about genetics & more about daily, consistent deliberate Practice – –Preeminent research Andrew Erickson mentioned that to get to world class /or an epic level talent, you have to practice for about 10 years or 10,000 hrs. , Look at some of the peak performers – Michelangelo , Pablo Picasso who have shown GRIT,rare air Practice and Ultra FOCUS. Quote – Every Expert was once a beginner & Every Professional was once an amateur.
- Your growth is built around discomfort – So true , if you are not scared, you are not growing.Pursue discomfort.When you would go to the edges of your capability , ur capability will expand.Robin puts it so elegantly & so strongly. Quote – seduction of safety is more dangerous than perception of uncertainty
- It is your natural Responsibility to be Great – What a Profound point? If you are not getting to your mountain top ,you are breaching your own integrity.Eventually , you only become happy by full expression of your will power.Scientifically speaking , dopa-mine is secret to happiness & it gets released when you focus on anything. Quote – Victim love entertainment,leaders love education..
- Goal is the process – Enjoy your process and not worry too-much about Outcome.There is a huge value in the Process.Most of our learning & growth happens in the process.
- Super Tiny Wins – Importance of “small wins” over a period of time consistent with your massive goals will lead you to un-imaginable level.Great way to beat your procrastination whenever you see your Big Size Goal.Even 5 small steps taken towards your goal will lead you to 1825 actions at the end of 365 days (or in a year). Quote – Small daily improvement will overtime leads to stunning success..
Other important aspect of webinar was 3 miracles drug to build world class will Power
- Meditation — It is all scientific & I have experienced an immense benefits of meditation myself.I have been practicing meditation for 2 years & its been an awesome experience.An hour of meditation can grow your pre-frontal cortex of a brain that can help u make better choices , become more focused and stay happy…
- Exercise – Wonder Drug of Will power.I have done 4 full marathon & continue to run and can tell you HUGE HUGE benefits of running or any other form of exercise.
- Sleep -Great de-stresser , it brings your exhaustion level down & re-charge your body,mind.
My Personal Commitment to incorporate some of the leading edge recommendation from Robin Sharma…
- Continue to strengthen my Rituals -Morning ,Nightly rituals
- Loved the idea of strategic re-fueling – I will take more breaks than before…
- One day per week –zero technology /zero news –I know its hard but will make an attempt to make atleast a day with zero technology /zero news..
- ONLY Positive vocabulary -As put by Robin sharma ,Words are unbelievably powerful and have phenomenal impact on your mind,body & soul.I will henceforth use vocabulary of possibility.
- deliberate minimalism – Build my life around FEW goals vs many.Get rid of anything that is not adding value to “FEW”.
Awesome Webinar filled with lot of learning & insight.THANK you THANK you & THANK you Robin Sharma.
Indeed, the best way to think of willpower is not as some shapeless behavioral trait but as a sort of psychic muscle, one that can atrophy or grow stronger depending on how it’s used. -Jeffrey Kluger