As I sat during late Sunday evening to prepare my “To-Do” or “Expectation List” for Next week , I got overwhelmed to the point that I didn’t know where to start ,what to focus on ,which one to deny, & which one to follow? I have been dealing with buzz statement ” Do more with less” for a while -:)
If you ever get into such situation , What do you REALLY do? My antidote to such confusions are Meditation & writing a Journal.It truly helps me get some direction..
Quote – “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” -David Allen
I captured following below points that helped me yesterday to an extent….
1) Segregate your “expectation list” or “To-Do” into 3 segment
- One aligned to your End Goal or Life Goal
- One aligned with your Yearly Big 5 (Personal + Professional).
- One that will increase my Happiness Quotient.
My “To-do” list came down by 60%.Still ,I wanted to do something with the rest of my pending “To-do” list as it creates “no-value” stress in me-:)
Quote – My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do. — Francine Jay
2) I thought about following below for Left over “To-Do” list..
- Will it matter 3 to 5 years from now?
- Is it a resulting in short term pain? Someone rightly mentioned that “your short pain will convert to Long term strength”. So i ignored anything that was for short term gain.
- Is it aligned with my Personal Core Values /or Mission Statement?
I came down to very comfortable list of “To-Do” with thought process that i need to create more time for myself..
Quote :“Never mistake motion for action.”
How to get more time from my day?
Generally , we all have to-do list but do not have “Ignore List” .I thought of having one & my ignore list would include following below..
- No TV – Literally I have stopped watching TV as I strongly feel that i am making “Few vested interest” group more successful vs adding any value to my life , my goals…Now a days ,watching TV is emotionally very draining..too much of negativity around..
- Avoid participating in political discussion , it occupies too much of mental space,add zero value to anyone unless one chooses to serve the country through political route (My current opinion is that my way of contribution will be through non- political route)
- Get out of Negativity circle.I want to build of circle of friends,colleagues who are positive as it add to my productivity.
- Are my Tiny actions disappointing me or to someone else.? I guess if each one of us start making our-self happy , World happiness index will increase tremendously
- Focus Time – I will have few focus blocks in a day where I would shut down “Notifications” , email,Mobile Phone & reduce external noise as these creates disruption in my ability to Execute
- Finally take decision as indecision creates stress in me so i would quickly decide & move on..
Finally , Tony Robbins mentions that every human being has 2 spiritual Needs a) Need to Grow b) Need to contribute..If anything that i do doesn’t add any value to above 2 things will not find any space in my “To-do” List.
What are your Self Productivity tips?
THANK you so very much for reading.
With Deep Respect & Gratitude
Few interesting Quotes
Quote :The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity. — Tom Peters
Quote :Improved productivity means less human sweat, not more. — Henry Ford